Skip to main content

Featured

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad - Summary and Critical Analysis - Colonialism and Imperialism In Heart of Darkness - Heart of Darkness as a Psychological Novel

 About Conrad Joseph Conrad was a Polish writer who learned English in his twenties.(this part will be soon updated, keep visiting for more resources, thanks.) Characters 1.Charles Marlow: Marlow is the narrator of this novel and in his narrated story, he is the protagonist. Marlow is British and he spent his life on boats to discover and trade all around the globe. In the story, Marlow goes deep into Africa in some trade-related works. In Africa, Marlow experiences many incidents that change his life and thoughts of Marlow. He comes to see the darker side of British imperialism and the effects of colonialism. He realises that there are many similarities between colonialism and the dark-repressed psychology of the human mind. Marlow thinks that he travels to the dark human heart in the form of the heart of Africa. 2. Mr. Kurtz: Mr. Kurtz is the most important character in this novel. He is the in-charge of Inner Station. We see him as a very talented person who can control people wit

December: Poems by a Teen - Kuntal Dhara

December: Poems by a Teen - Kuntal Dhara


                                                             Hi, my name is Kuntal, the author of the December: Poems by a Teen. In this blog, we will discuss some important aspects of this book, that I think should have known by my readers. Maybe you call it an overview or perhaps my own thoughts regarding my own book.


But before I start to talk about December: Poems by a Teen, I think I should write something about myself. My name is Kuntal Dhara and 19 years, 8 months and 30 days old. I am pursuing a B.A degree in English Literature from Narasinha Dutt College, affiliated to the University of Calcutta. Since childhood, I am fond of writing. I wrote many stories(all of them were nonsense๐Ÿ˜‚), some pieces of dramas, and lots and lots of poems. But I was not actually very serious about keeping my poems collected.

So I remember, one day I was in my school loafing around the veranda of the third floor. And then I realized that in my white shirt's pocket, there was something, I put my right hand into it and saw a piece of paper. That was a four-liner that I wrote during the boring math class. Then I read the poem once, and it gave me no new satisfaction or excitement and suddenly I tore the paper into multiple pieces and puff them in the air. And down in the ground, my friends were playing cricket, and the pieces of poem pour onto them like rain. That was a very very nostalgic memory of my school๐Ÿฅฐ. But this memory simply reveals that I was not very much protective of my works. And that is how, many of my poems are now lost completely. But now, many of my friends told me to collect my works. I also think it is better. So I compiled this book December: Poems by a Teen.



December: Poems by a Teen is my first publication. And I previously told you why I thought of making this book. Now let me talk in details about this title. In this small book(paperback+ebook), I compiled total 15 poems and those were written when I was just crossing my early teenage. There is a preface included in that book, in which I share many of my personal thoughts and about the book. In this book, the oldest poem was written when I was into a 9th grade's English class. I do not know how good the poems are. That is completely up to the readers. You obviously can call the poems confessional, I do not have any objection about that.

We all know that teenage or adolescence is the most crucial part of our life. In teenage, we actually go through many new dimensions of life. We come to know such things that we never did before, we take more risks, we argue with people, we fight, we cry a lot, we like and love, we also break. Only in teenage we have the first courage to go beyond ordinary things. We all have gone through hormonal changes, both physical and mental developments.

I was not any exception. I know that everyone's experience is unique in their way but somewhere...we all go through the same process. So you can relate my condition, right? As I mentioned before, I wrote many poems during that days. All the things that I could not share with anyone else in the world, I wrote them down and finally tear and puff them into the air.

So this was the fundamentals of this book. I am urging you to buy the book and read it. Because you also have gone through such things. You can not enjoy the poems by my words but you have to feel it. If you read this book, I believe that you will decode the book by you own experiences and consciousness. You can also give me constructive feedbacks or review wherever you want. You can email me or write something on Goodreads or Amazon. Thank you for reading the blog.

If you are a student of literature(just like me), I will be glad to have your support on my YouTube channel here.

Buy December: Poems by a Teen by Kuntal Dhara here.(India; Paperback+Ebook)

Buy December: Poems by a Teen by Kuntal Dhara here.(Anywhere; Paperback+Ebook)





Advertisement


Comments

Post a Comment