Skip to main content

Featured

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad - Summary and Critical Analysis - Colonialism and Imperialism In Heart of Darkness - Heart of Darkness as a Psychological Novel

 About Conrad Joseph Conrad was a Polish writer who learned English in his twenties.(this part will be soon updated, keep visiting for more resources, thanks.) Characters 1.Charles Marlow: Marlow is the narrator of this novel and in his narrated story, he is the protagonist. Marlow is British and he spent his life on boats to discover and trade all around the globe. In the story, Marlow goes deep into Africa in some trade-related works. In Africa, Marlow experiences many incidents that change his life and thoughts of Marlow. He comes to see the darker side of British imperialism and the effects of colonialism. He realises that there are many similarities between colonialism and the dark-repressed psychology of the human mind. Marlow thinks that he travels to the dark human heart in the form of the heart of Africa. 2. Mr. Kurtz: Mr. Kurtz is the most important character in this novel. He is the in-charge of Inner Station. We see him as a very talented person who can control people wit

It Was You - Poetry by Kuntal Dhara

 


It was you

Today, while writing this story

I’m far away from you

We are so distant that we couldn’t touch our hands

We couldn’t feel each other’s breathing

We couldn’t face us directly.

And you know why!

‘Cause I think our situations made us apart,


But I’m here here today to tell you something

Please remind me if I forget something

I’m sure this story is gonna be you

I’m sure this story is all about us.


I remember when I failed, it was you whom I hugged,

I remember when I cried so much, you were there to wipe all the tears...

Now I can remember all the difficulties and problems,

All the bad days I spent, I went through.

It was the hardest time of mine, it were the smallest things I did wrong.

I stepped into the pothole and all the muds splashed onto my face.

And still you were there to protect me.

It was you who supported me when I was alone,

It was you who stood by me in all the major and minor battles of my past.

It was you.


Now I can say so proudly, that it was you because-

From the darkest valley, to the deepest ocean

From the empty kitchen, to the hardest cushion

And from the roughest fights, to the crying nights

It was you...                  

It was you who protected me

It was you who covered me from all the dusts this society threw

You came up with you suggestions ‘cause I was dying in frustration

And you said-  Pause...

Try to breath properly

 And that’s all you said

You were gentle to me, you were pleasant to me

It was you, whom I can remember only

It was you, who made me live fully.


I do not know if I did any good to your life

Any good to the betterment of your life

But you did.

You still holding my hands tight

You still rising up the stars for my nights

Though we are so distant, we are happily living together.

Distance really matter zero, when you’re becoming someone’s hero

When you are achieving everything, you don’t have fear for anything...

And that’s all about you

And now, I can say so proudly that,

It was you...


And you were the only one who cared for my thoughts and craziest ideas

I saw you as a soulmate.

We are now so distant but we are still very close

But it was you who stopped beside me

I hope this trend will continue.

Keep supporting me for the entire of life

Because you radiate really positive of vibes

And now I can say so proudly that it was you.

It was You.

Comments

Post a Comment